Roasted Red Pepper & Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus
Roasted bell peppers and tomatoes are two of the top ten foods highest in Vitamin C, making this hummus a super-charged source and convenient snack for any time!
- 2 medium red peppers
- 5 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 can garbanzo or white beans or 1/2 cup of dried garbanzo or white beans
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatos
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp chili powder optional
- Chili flakes, sun-dried tomato and/or toasted pine nuts for topping optional
- If using dry beans, add uncooked beans to a large pot and cover with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil over high heat and boil for 1 minute. Then cover, remove from heat, and let sit for 1 hour or until cool. You can also soak overnight for at least 6 hours in cool water.
- Wash and slice red peppers and toss with a tsp of olive or avocado oil. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and arrange your slices evenly. Roast at 400°F for 8-10 minutes, or until browned.
- Combine roasted peppers with half of your beans and the rest of the remaining ingredients in a food processor and puree.
- Add remainder of beans and continue to puree until smooth, whipped, and combined. If hummus is too thick, you can add a tablespoon or two more of oil until it has reached your desired consistency.
- Garnish with chili flakes, chopped sun-dried tomato, and/or toasted pine nuts, and enjoy! Can be served with pita bread, chips, or veggie sticks, or even used as a condiment for other dishes.