Collagen Boosting Slow-Cooker Mexican Soup
Here is one of our favorite shortcuts to having both bone broth and soup, without having to make both separately. Did we also mention how delicious it is?
- 1 poultry carcass (chicken, duck, or turkey), or any mixture of bones preferably from wild, pasture-raised, and ethically sourced farms
- Purified water
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 8-12 oz jar of your favorite salsa
- 1 stalk of celery or celery leaves roughly chopped
- 2 carrots or carrot leaves roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- 1 small-medium sized onion roughly chopped
- 2 heads of baby bok choy sliced thinly
- 1 parmesan, or other hard cheese, rind optional
- Place carcass and/or bones, all vegetables and/or scraps, and optional hard cheese rind into your slow cooker.
- Toss in your tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and jar of salsa.
- Fill with filtered water to cover all bones completely (it’s okay if there are a few poking out of the water a bit).
- Give everything a little stir and set your crockpot on low to cook for about 7 hours, or overnight.
- Stir, season with salt or pepper to taste, and devour. Can be easily stored in the fridge for 5-7 days, or the freezer for up to 6 months.