Glow Big or Go Home Antioxidant Packed Smoothie
This smoothie not only contains an astounding amount of some of the best whole food sources of antioxidants but tastes like a decadent dessert. (Go on, have it for breakfast, we won’t judge).
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries or acai berries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp peanut butter or nut butter of choice pumpkin seed butter is also a delicious and nutritious option if you can find it
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup plain, or vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1 square, or about 4 grams, of your favorite dark chocolate bar optional - We recommend opting for one that’s lower in sugar, if possible!
- 1 tbsp hemp and/or chia seeds optional
- 1/3 cup oats, if you like a thicker, heartier smoothie optional
- Pumpkin seeds, fresh berries, and/or granola of choice set aside for toppings optional
- Add all ingredients except for those reserved for toppings, into a large high-powered blender and blend on high for a minute or two, or until all are combined and smoothie appears smooth and incorporated in texture
- Can add more milk, or a splash of water if necessary for a thinner texture, if preferred
- Top with pumpkin seeds, fresh berries, and/or granola of choice for some extra crunch and enjoy!