- We ensure the highest standards in technology, processes, and facilities management to protect the safety of your information
- Your identifiable and personal information will never be shared with any third party
- We follow strong guiding principles and policies on security, and we support laws that protect your privacy and genetic information
Yudoyu® respects the privacy of every individual and has taken every precaution to create a process that allows individuals to maintain the highest level of privacy. All information provided by the individual taking the assessment is kept on a secure server.
By signing up for our testing service, you are allowing us to process your personal information according to the provisions outlined in this Privacy Statement.
The lab Yudoyu® uses, SkinDNA™, collects types of personal and non-personal information described as follows:
Account Information – Account Information is personal information we collect when you purchase our test. This information may include your name, credit card details, billing and shipping addresses, and contact information such as an email address or contact number.
Genetic Information consists of “A”s, “G”s, “T”s and “C”s at particular locations in your genome. When you purchase a SkinDNA™ Genetic Test, you send your saliva sample to us by mail for analysis. Once testing is complete, and the laboratory completes its work, which includes processing, analysis, and reporting of data, your DNA and saliva samples are destroyed.
One of the goals of SkinDNA is to contribute to scientific research and the advancements in genetic knowledge. To achieve our research goals, SkinDNA may enter into partnerships with commercial and/or non-profit organizations that conduct scientific research.
Such partnerships may allow an organization access to our databases of Genetic Information so that, for example, the organization can search, without knowing the identities of the individuals involved, for the association between the occurrence of a particular genetic variation and a particular skin health condition or trait.
If you request, we will remove from our systems all personal information that can be associated with your account information. However, the genetic information you have provided for research before your deletion request will not be removed from ongoing research. Please email email@example.com to make this request.
To prevent any unauthorized access or disclosure, to retain data accuracy, and to ensure the use of the information, SkinDNA uses a range of technical, physical and administrative measures to protect the information we collect about our members, described as follows:
We monitor our employees’ usage of our databases and maintain all records of access to personal information.
• Our networks are protected with firewalls.
• We encrypt the storage of certain personal information, including account and genetic information.
• We conduct internal and external audits of our security processes.
• Physical access to our servers is restricted to authorized persons only
• We restrict data access to only allow approved personnel to view content
• We prohibit personal information from being extracted from our systems
• We limit access to personal information to certain employees for limited, approved purposes based on their specific responsibilities.
While there is always some risk of a security compromise, we tightly control access to personal information.